Documents for J-1 visa
Once you have accepted the offer it is time to start collecting all relevant documents we require later down the road to start your visa application process. To not create any delays we ask you to gather these documents right after you have accepted the offer.
- a copy of your diploma or an enrollment letter from school with an expected graduation date mentioned in it (preferably in English)
- a transcript of your school records (TOR) from your degree program which lists the classes you followed during your entire study - preferably with number of hours and credits awarded
- reference letter(s) from your previous employers (in English). Please make sure that the reference letter is similar to this example reference letter
- a professional picture (in a suit or chef uniform)
- a copy of your passport with main picture page and any prior US visa pages
- in case you have been to the USA before please let us know the reason of your visit, provide us with a copy of your I-94 form with entry and exit dates OR in case you don't have the I-94 form, a copy of your passport pages that show the prior arrival- and departure stamps