Amazing Outlets Server opportunity at this 5* Hotel!
Stellar 5 star Luxury International Branded Classic Hotel is seeking an outgoing, passionate hospitality professional with a great personality. Rotate through all the F&B outlets and walk away with supervisory skills to take home with you!
Explore the Big Easy with their legendary Mardi Gras and Jazz Festivals. Taste and see various cultural inspirations in this historic city filled with vibrant restaurants and legendary bars. Only the most dedicated hospitality professionals wanted for this property! Apply now!
• 7 days of accommodation will be offered upon arrival depending on occupancy. Contacting the Human Resources Department is required before booking a flight so they can secure hotel accommodation. It is the responsibility of the J1 Trainee to find their own housing after providing accommodation.
• Paid Time Off (PTO): You will start earning PTO on your first day of training and are eligible to use PTO after 90 days of training.
• The hotel provides 1 free meal per scheduled shift in the employee cafeteria.
• The hotel will provide a uniform at no charge for all trainees that have uniformed positions. The uniform is cleaned free of charge. Trainees will be fitted for uniforms on the first day and tailored if needed.
• The hotel is on a bi-weekly paid period schedule.
Outlet Server rate of pay is $5.50/hr, plus tips. Your rotations will include some or all of the following outlets: Fountain Lounge, In-Room Dining, and Pool Restaurant.
It is customary in the US to work in “gratuity” positions. In these positions, you will receive a base hourly salary plus gratuity (tips). While the amount of a gratuity is ultimately at the discretion of the guest, the customary tip is 15-20% of the total bill before tax.
The host rate of pay is $10.50/hr.
The barista rate of pay is $10.00/hr.
F&B Supervisor $15.00
Example: You may expect to earn an estimated $15.00 per hour as a Pool Server, $17.56 per hour as a Restaurant Server, and $19.10 per hour as an In-Room Dining Server based on payroll history. The host rate is $10.50 per hour and the Barista rate is $10.00 per hour.
Most important is English and prior F&B experience.
The client prefers prior Luxury hotel experience but not as important as the above info.
The area surrounding New Orleans has been a melting pot before the beginning and has the ability to reinvent itself while staying in place. New Orleans was an early haven for free people of color, and New Orleans' resilience, can-do attitude, and populist self-reliance have been pillars of its city life hundreds of years before the Industrial Revolution. You can visit French Quarter, National WW2 Museum or other attractions in New Orleans. See New Orleans weather.
Housing: You can find a 1-bedroom unfurnished apartment in the city for around $1100+ per month. The closer to the city center, the more expensive they will be. With no established credit, you can expect to pay the first and last month’s rent as a deposit for an apartment. HRC recommends you bring $3,000+ as startup capital upon arrival. Please check these options: apartments.com, zillow.com, themuseapartment.com, Gravier, saulet, or thegoerianapartment.com. Temporary Housing Accommodations in New Orleans: hostelworld.com
Transportation: You can check Transportation in New Orleans for more details or RTA. Street Car: $1.25 per ride, $0.25 per transfer, $3.00 for one day Jazzy pass, or $45.00 31-Day Jazzy pass. Ferry (across the Mississippi River): $2. Ride-Sharing: Uber or Lyft
|Food and Beverage||Outlets host/greeter||2 Months|