Beautiful Historic Hotel Seeking Talented FB Supervisor!
Join the prestigious 5-star Luxury International Branded Classic Hotel in search of an outgoing, passionate hospitality professional with a fantastic personality. Experience a diverse role by rotating through all F&B outlets, gaining valuable supervisory skills in Rooms Service, Restaurant, and the Beverage Department!
Immerse yourself in the lively spirit of the Big Easy with its legendary Mardi Gras and Jazz Festivals. Indulge in the flavors and cultural inspirations of this historic city, boasting vibrant restaurants and iconic bars. This opportunity is exclusively for the most dedicated hospitality professionals ready to make a mark at this exceptional property!
• 7 days of accommodation will be offered upon arrival depending on occupancy. Contacting the Human Resources Department is required before booking a flight so they can secure hotel accommodation. It is the responsibility of the J1 Trainee to find their own housing after providing accommodation.
• Paid Time Off (PTO): You will start earning PTO on your first day of training and are eligible to use PTO after 90 days of training.
• The hotel provides 1 free meal per scheduled shift in the employee cafeteria.
• The hotel will provide a uniform at no charge for all trainees that have uniformed positions. The uniform is cleaned free of charge. Trainees will be fitted for uniforms on the first day and tailored if needed.
• The hotel is on a bi-weekly paid period schedule.
Most important is English and prior F&B experience.
The client prefers prior Luxury hotel experience but not as important as the above info.
*Eligibility criteria for our Career USA programs:
- you have enrolled in a post-secondary ministerially recognized academic institution in the hospitality industry
- you have a hospitality degree and at least 1 year of recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside of the USA)
- you have 5 years of recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside the USA)
- you have shown consistent career growth over the last years
- you have shown serious commitment to your most recent employers
The area surrounding New Orleans has been a melting pot before the beginning and has the ability to reinvent itself while staying in place. New Orleans was an early haven for free people of color, and New Orleans' resilience, can-do attitude, and populist self-reliance have been pillars of its city life hundreds of years before the Industrial Revolution. You can visit French Quarter, National WW2 Museum or other attractions in New Orleans. See New Orleans weather.
Housing: You can find a 1-bedroom unfurnished apartment in the city for around $1100+ per month. The closer to the city center, the more expensive they will be. With no established credit, you can expect to pay the first and last month’s rent as a deposit for an apartment. HRC recommends you bring $3,000+ as startup capital upon arrival. Please check these options: apartments.com, zillow.com, themuseapartment.com, Gravier, saulet, or thegoerianapartment.com. Temporary Housing Accommodations in New Orleans: hostelworld.com
Transportation: You can check Transportation in New Orleans for more details or RTA. Street Car: $1.25 per ride, $0.25 per transfer, $3.00 for one day Jazzy pass, or $45.00 31-Day Jazzy pass. Ferry (across the Mississippi River): $2. Ride-Sharing: Uber or Lyft
|Room Service||Supervisor||2 Months|
|Beverage Department||Supervisor||5 Months|