Become a Chef de partie at this Stunning Hotel!
· Rate of pay will be $14/hr
· A uniform will be provided. The cooks must bring their own knives.
· We do have an employee dining room. Meals are not complimentary. Cost of meals range between $1 to $3 per meal.
· If the individuals fly into Santa Fe Airport (SAF) or Albuquerque (ABQ) we can provide transportation to the hotel.
· We can provide up to 14 complimentary days in the hotel upon arrival.
· As for housing:
o o There is a mobile home park nearby that is owned by the pueblo which also owns the hotel. They have a mobile home with housing for 4 people at $250 per month plus utilities.
o If for some reason that option does not work out there are two other hotels close by that may be willing to do a discounted extended stay rate. I have emailed the GMs at both properties to ask what they can do.
· A car would be helpful as the hotel is about 15 miles north of Santa Fe. That being said there is a free shuttle that runs into the city with a pick up spot about 2 miles away from the hotel that could be an alternative if the students choose not to purchase a car but then they should purchase a bike unless then want to walk.
Santa Fe is the capital city of New Mexico and sits in the Sangre de Cristo foothills. With its extensive Spanish history and beautiful desert sites, Santa Fe is a must see. Not only are you moments from historical sights, museums, and art galleries filled with regional culture, but a short drive outside the city will bring you to beautiful desert hiking, mountain skiing, and so many more outdoor wonders.
Housing in Santa Fe is limited and it is recommended that you start reviewing housing in the area prior to your arrival. The average one bedroom apartment starts around $1,200 per month, unfurnished, not including utilities. Keep in mind without any credit it the USA you will need to pay first and last month rent as a deposit. HRC recommends you bring at least $3,000 as startup capital and to help secure housing. It is also advised that you look into options of sharing housing with other locals and/or J-1 exchange visitors. By doing so, you can reduce the costs per month by about half.
Public transit is available throughout the downtown area with monthly and annual passes available for $20 monthly or $200 annually. If living outside the downtown area, it is suggested you purchase a vehicle upon arrival. HRC recommends bringing an additional $3,000 to secure a vehicle. Vehicle insurance will also be required and can be expected to cost around $150 monthly depending upon the vehicle.
Santa Fe has moderate temperatures that range from 17F to 86F (-8C to 30C) depending on the time of year. Most days are sunny with an average rainfall of 14 inches. Proximity to the mountains and desert allow for sunny, cloudless skies with low humidity and perfect weather for outdoor activities.
|Banquets||Cook/demi chef||3 Months|
|Restaurant||Cook/demi chef||4 Months|
|Restaurant||Supervisor / Chef de partie||4 Months|