Charleston Rooftop restaurant and bar seeking outgoing Server!
Rate of pay as a Host is $14.00, as an Outlet Server is $7.25 plus tips (see below) and as a Supervisor $16.00 per hour.
- It is customary in the US to work in “gratuity” positions. In these positions, you will receive a base hourly salary plus gratuity (tips). While the amount of a gratuity is ultimately at the discretion of the guest, the customary tip is 15- 20% of the total bill before tax. Based on history, you may expect to earn around $21.00 per hour.
- A uniform will be offered however until your uniform is ordered please bring the following: Black pants, black long sleeve shirt, Black tee for culinary. Additional, J1s will need to have slip resistant shows (not provided by the hotel). The hotel does have a program with Shoes for Crews where a payroll deduction can be setup for shoe purchases.
- Employees can purchase a meal (breakfast, lunch, or dinner) from our employee menu at a discount. Meals range from $3.00 to $8.00 and available one per shift worked. A break room is onsite for those who prefer to bring their own meals.
- PTO per year: 20 days per year, after completion of 90 period. Time can be used in one (1) hour increments and paid at the current rate of pay.
- You should fly into Charleston Airport via Atlanta International.
- The hotel can provide up to 14 days of on site housing at no cost for room and tax. Any other fees will be your own responsibility. You can take an uber to the hotel upon your arrival.
- There is public transportation however, we suggest reviewing the schedules as there are not late-night options available. An uber or Lyft would be the option for shifts that end past 9pm. The hotel has a Transportation Stipend which reimburses up to $100 per month with receipts. Transportation Options in Charleston: Uber, Lyft, Taxi. See Charleston Bus Transportation here.
- The hotel reimburses up to $100 in transportation costs per month
Eligibility criteria for our Career USA programs:
- You are enrolled in a post secondary ministerially recognized academic institution in the hospitality industry OR have a hospitality degree and at least 1 year of recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside of the USA) OR have 5 years recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside the USA
- You have shown consistent career growth over the last years
- You have shown serious commitment to your most recent employers
Charleston boasts innovative restaurants, interesting shops, contemporary art galleries and the world-class Spoleto Festival USA. Click here to see the places you could visit and here for the weather information.
Housing: Housing in Charleston is extremely varied, depending on where the candidate would like to live. Apartments outside of downtown can be as cheap as $900 per month for a one-bedroom apartment, but downtown, the average price of a one-bedroom apartment downtown is around $1500 per month. It is recommended that candidates bring around $2500 for start-up money, because since they do not have the credit here in America, candidates will likely have to pay for their first and last months’ rent up front, plus a security deposit of likely a few hundred dollars. Here is a list of links to start your housing search: apartment.co, zillow.com, trulia.com, hotpads.com, forrent.com
Transportation: Charleston is a very friendly city for those who prefer to walk, with plenty of sidewalks all around the city. Charleston also has plentiful bike trails as well. That being said, if you prefer mass transportation instead, Charleston does have a mass transit system in the form of “Low Country Rapid Transit” which is a bus system that goes all around the city. For specific information about getting around Charleston via mass transit, please see the below link. If you plan to travel around the region outside of Charleston, then you may wish to purchase a used vehicle. The average used car will cost you around $400 months, plus around $100 for car insurance.
Attractions: Fort Sumter National Monument, Pineapple Fountain, Museum & other things to do.
|Restaurant||Host/ Greeter||2 Months|