Chef de Partie
Join our Kitchen Team as a Cook, where you have the opportunity to learn and grow in a Relais & Chateaux property also recognized as a AAA 4-Diamond Resort and T&L World’s Best Hotel. Expand your culinary knowledge by using the finest ingredients on the West Coast. You will be afforded an opportunity to learn from some of our country's culinary leaders in a setting that is one of the most beautiful places on earth.
We are proud to offer scratch cooking. We have whole pork, fish and a variety of seafood arrive daily. Our staff processes the ingredients into choice cuts utilizing every part. We make 95% of our products in house; our biggest supplier is Mother Nature. If you are a cook who believes in true, clean cuisine then the Wickaninnish Inn is where you want to work.
Serious foodies only apply. Paid overtime, Financial Commitment Incentive available.
• Hourly salary : $16.00
• Shared tips policy : Pending
• Accommodation : Shared accommodation, $300 - $375/month pending on pax/room (2- 3)
• Meal plan : No. Staff accommodation has fully-equipped kitchens (with common living areas)
Candidates staying longer than 4 months will need to move out of staff accommodation. The HR works to find housing in the community and as Tofino is a small town, everyone knows what's happening with available accommodation. There's always a solution.
Although there's no public transport to say, there are taxis and part-time Uber drivers. Lots of co-workers own a vehicle or otherwise everyone usually gets a bike as there's an excellent bike path that connects the Inn to Tofino and the many beaches.
The best way to get from Vancouver to the Wickaninnish is by seaplane. There's a seaplane terminal near Vancouver Int'l airport and another one downtown. Cost is around $500 - $600, but I'll confirm this and look at alternative, ground transportation which usually takes a full day of travel.
CAN$33,350 per year
• Be passionate about their craft, love food, love fresh ingredients!
• Detail orientated, you DO sweat the small stuff
• Must thrive in a multi-tasking, fast paced working environment
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Previous fine dining establishment or similar experience
• As a term of employment, all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination is required.