Chef needed in New York at Michelin rated restaurant!
Join a great team of chefs at this hotel's award-winning restaurant featuring Auberge-style natural French cuisine based on locally sourced ingredients presented with innovative seasonal menus. A distinctive gourmet experience is consistently presented in three unique dining rooms, rich in distinct character, decor and atmosphere.
All J1s will accrue 5 PTO days during the first 12 months of employment and 7 paid holidays during the year.
The property will house the J1s up to 14 days on property based on the occupancy; and/or assist with housing nearby. The employer will provide the J1 with contacts for affordable housing in the area.
Free parking for your vehicle is an option based on availability; there is no charge for parking.
It is the responsibility of the J1 to purchase a car or moped upon arrival to the USA.
The employer will reimburse the J1 for the cost of a taxi/shuttle/or car service for transportation from the airport to the property upon their arrival. Please save your receipt to receive reimbursement. The best airport to arrive into would be JFK or LaGuardia Airport.
You will be paid on a weekly pay cycle.
The employer will provide one complimentary meal per shift.
Please discuss with the employer the proper attire to bring, knives, shoes, etc. prior to arrival.
- you are enrolled in a post secondary ministerially recognized academic institution in the hospitality industry
- you have a hospitality degree and at least 1 year of recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside of the USA)
- you have 5 years recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside the USA)
- you have shown consistent career growth over the last years
- you have shown serious commitment to your most recent employers
When you qualify for the placement, the next step will be an introductory call to see if we can meet your expectations.
|Pastry||Pastry demi chef||3 Months|
|Garde Manger||Cook/demi chef||4 Months|
|Meat/Grill station (hot line)||Cook/demi chef||4 Months|