Eager and Talented Demi Chef Desired in beautiful boutique resort in San Francisco!
Stunning Californian Hotel searching for culinary talent to join their team! Rotate through all of the kitchen from Gard Manger, Pastry, and Restaurant Chef de Partie!
Amazing career opportunity in Sunny California and one of the Bay Area's top culinary destinations. Diners savor both the iconic Golden Gate Bridge views and Chef keen appreciation for the seasons, artfully creating refined cuisine that celebrates its Marin County roots. Top #5 Resort in the USA seeks a dedicated Culinary CDP to train for 12 month with a great team!
You will gain an in depth cross training throughout the kitchen based on availability.
You will need to bring your own knives.
* Uniforms are provided for hourly positions only, however, laundering the garments is the responsibility of the candidate.
* Candidates will earn paid time off based on the number of hours worked. (.83 hours per hour worked). This equates to up to 20 days per year. Managers get 5 additional days per year.
*The client will provide 14 days of accomodations based on occupancy. You must contact the Director of Human Resources before you book your flight to confirm.
Must have prior luxury experience; highly recommended to buy a car or moped, hard to get around by depending on the bus schedule.
*Eligibility criteria for our Career USA programs:
- you are enrolled in a post secondary ministerially recognized academic institution in the hospitality industry
- you have a hospitality degree and at least 1 year of recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside of the USA)
- you have 5 years recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside the USA)
- you have shown consistent career growth over the last years
- you have shown serious commitment to your most recent employers
Located just north of the Golden Gate Bridge, Sausalito provides a seaside retreat with access to all California has to offer. Take a bike ride around the city to see The Old Marinship Shipyards or take a tour of the cities hundreds of houseboats. After sightseeing take a break at one of the city’s beautiful parks or eat one of the city’s seafood eateries.
Housing in Sausalito is expensive and it is recommended that you start reviewing housing in the area prior to your arrival. The average one bedroom apartment starts around $2,500 per month, unfurnished, not including utilities. Keep in mind without any credit it the USA you will need to pay first and last month rent as a deposit. It is advised as a J-1 exchange visitor that you look into options of sharing housing with other locals and/or J-1 exchange visitors. By doing so, you can reduce the costs per month to around $1,250. Sausalito is just across the bay from San Francisco and is directly on the water. It is recommended to have start up funds of at least $5,000 or more with you in the first month.
Sausalito has access to Marin County public transportation including ferries and buses. You can expect bus fare to start around $80 per month, but may be more depending on the are you find housing.
Marin County, CA gets an average of 39.2 in of rain per year with 0 snowfall during the winter months. Marin County is mostly sunny with temperatures ranging from 40F-80F throughout the year (4C-27C). The weather is nice and comfortable year round with little rain and sun 260 days of the year.
|Garde Manger||Cook/demi chef||4 Months|
|Restaurant||Supervisor / Chef de partie||6 Months|
|Pastry||Pastry demi chef||1 Months|