Excellent English skills for luxury Receptionist position!
Become a Front Desk Supervisor at this Distinguished Hotel! Rotate through Guest Relations Agent, Front Desk Supervisor, and Guest Services VIP coordinator positions! Enjoy the Jazz festival, Mardi Gras and so much more!
Amazing career opportunity at this luxury hotel! This Historical hotel sets its self apart from the other hotels in the city. Train at this historic 5 star hotel in downtown New Orleans, as you rotate through all Rooms. Only the most dedicated hospitality candidates wanted! You won't be disappointed with this opportunity, so apply today!
Guest Service Agent make $13.00/hr.
VIP coordinator make $13.50/hr.
Front Desk Supervisors make $15.00/hr.
**OnQ Training will take about 4 weeks.
• 7 days of accommodation will be offered upon arrival depending on occupancy. Contacting the Human Resources Department is required before booking a flight so they can secure hotel accommodation. It is the responsibility of the J1 Trainee to find their own housing after provided accommodation.
• Paid Time Off (PTO): You will start earning PTO on your first day of training and are eligible to use PTO after 90 days of training.
• The hotel provides 1 free meal per scheduled shift in the employee cafeteria.
• The hotel will provide a uniform at no charge for all trainees that have uniformed positions. The uniform is cleaned free of charge. Trainees will be fitted for uniforms on the first day and tailored if needed.
• The hotel is on a bi-weekly paid period schedule.
- you are enrolled in a post secondary ministerially recognized academic institution in the hospitality industry
- you have a hospitality degree and at least 1 year of recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside of the USA)
- you have 5 years recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside the USA)
- you have shown consistent career growth over the last years
- you have shown serious commitment to your most recent employers
The city of New Orleans has a reliable bus and street car system to get around the city. It is not necessary to purchase a car unless you decide to. http://www.norta.com/index.html
You can find a 1 bedroom unfurnished apartment in the city for about $1100 per month. We recommend that you secure housing with a roommate to cut down your monthly costs. You can also look for a room to share from someone else who lives locally at; https://www.roommates.com/la/new-orleans or https://www.roomies.com/new-orleans-la.
Check out these options:
Temporary Housing Accommodations in New Orleans
Please note: Pricing is subject to availability and may change at any time. For an accurate cost and details of accommodations, contact the Hostel directly for additional information.
The hotel will not provide airport pick up.
The hotel is part of Hilton Hotels Corporation, which is recognized internationally as a preeminent hospitality company. The company develops, owns, manages or franchises approximately 2,000+ hotels, resorts and vacation ownership properties. Its portfolio includes many of the world's best known and most highly regarded hotel brands, including Hilton, Conrad, Doubletree, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Grand Vacations Company, and Homewood Suites by Hilton. Hilton has several world-renowned marquee properties; some of which are: Beverly Hilton, Cavalieri Hilton in Rome, Hilton Athens, Hilton San Francisco, Hilton New York, Hilton Hawaiian Village, Hilton Waikoloa Village, and Paris Hilton.
Climate: The climate of New Orleans is humid subtropical with short, generally mild winters and hot, humid summers. The monthly daily average temperature ranges from 53.4 °F (11.9 °C) in January to 83.3 °F (28.5 °C) in July and August.
The average precipitation is 62.7 inches (1,590 mm) annually; the summer months are the wettest, while October is the driest month. Precipitation in winter usually accompanies the passing of a cold front. On average, there are 77 days of 90 °F (32 °C)+ highs, 8.1 days per winter where the high does not exceed 50 °F (10 °C), and 8.0 nights with freezing lows annually; in a typical year the coldest night will be around 30 °F (?1 °C). It is rare for the temperature to reach 100 °F (38 °C) or dip below 25 °F (?4 °C).
|Front Desk||Guest Service Agent||5 Months|
|Guest Services||VIP coordinator||3 Months|
|Front Desk||Supervisor||3 Months|