Fast paced Food and Beverage operation looking for great person!
Stellar 5 star Luxury International Branded Classic Hotel is seeking an outgoing, passionate hospitality professional with a great personality. Rotate through all the F&B outlets and walk away with supervisory skills to take home with you!
Explore the Big Easy with their legendary Mardi Gras and Jazz Festivals. Taste and see various cultural inspirations in this historic city filled with vibrant restaurants and legendary bars. Only the most dedicated hospitality professionals wanted for this property! Apply now!
Outlet Server rate of pay is $5.50/hr, plus tips. Your rotations will include some or all of the following outlets: Fountain Lounge, In Room Dining and Pool Restaurant.
Host rate of pay is $10.50/hr.
Barista rate of pay is $10.00/hr.
F&B Supervisor $15.00
It is customary in the US to work in “gratuity” positions. In these positions, you will receive a base hourly salary plus gratuity (tips). While the amount of a gratuity is ultimately at the discretion of the guest, the customary tip is 15-20% of the total bill before tax.
Example: You may expect to earn an estimated $15.00 per hour as a Pool Server, $17.56 per hour as a Restaurant Server, $19.10 per hour as an In Room Dining Server based on payroll history. Host rate is $10.50 per hour and Barista rate is $10.00 per hour.
• 7 days of accommodation will be offered upon arrival depending on occupancy. Contacting the Human Resources Department is required before booking a flight so they can secure hotel accommodation. It is the responsibility of the J1 Trainee to find their own housing after provided accommodation.
• Paid Time Off (PTO): You will start earning PTO on your first day of training and are eligible to use PTO after 90 days of training.
• The hotel provides 1 free meal per scheduled shift in the employee cafeteria.
• The hotel will provide a uniform at no charge for all trainees that have uniformed positions. The uniform is cleaned free of charge. Trainees will be fitted for uniforms on the first day and tailored if needed.
• The hotel is on a bi-weekly paid period schedule.
Server – 5.50/hour plus tips
Host – 10.50/hour
Barista – 10.00 hour plus tips
F&B Supervisor $15.00
Most important is English and prior F&B experience.
Client prefers prior Luxury hotel experience but not as important as the above info.
*Eligibility criteria for our Career USA programs:
- you are enrolled in a post secondary ministerially recognized academic institution in the hospitality industry
- you have a hospitality degree and at least 1 year of recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside of the USA)
- you have 5 years recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside the USA)
- you have shown consistent career growth over the last years
- you have shown serious commitment to your most recent employers
The city of New Orleans has a reliable bus and street car system to get around the city. It is not necessary to purchase a car unless you decide to. http://www.norta.com/index.html
You can find a 1 bedroom unfurnished apartment in the city for about $1100 per month. We recommend that you secure housing with a roommate to cut down your monthly costs. You can also look for a room to share from someone else who lives locally at; https://www.roommates.com/la/new-orleans or https://www.roomies.com/new-orleans-la.
Check out these options:
Temporary Housing Accommodations in New Orleans
Please note: Pricing is subject to availability and may change at any time. For an accurate cost and details of accommodations, contact the Hostel directly for additional information.
The hotel will not provide airport pick up.
The hotel is part of Hilton Hotels Corporation, which is recognized internationally as a preeminent hospitality company. The company develops, owns, manages or franchises approximately 2,000+ hotels, resorts and vacation ownership properties. Its portfolio includes many of the world's best known and most highly regarded hotel brands, including Hilton, Conrad, Doubletree, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Grand Vacations Company, and Homewood Suites by Hilton. Hilton has several world-renowned marquee properties; some of which are: Beverly Hilton, Cavalieri Hilton in Rome, Hilton Athens, Hilton San Francisco, Hilton New York, Hilton Hawaiian Village, Hilton Waikoloa Village, and Paris Hilton.
Climate: The climate of New Orleans is humid subtropical with short, generally mild winters and hot, humid summers. The monthly daily average temperature ranges from 53.4 °F (11.9 °C) in January to 83.3 °F (28.5 °C) in July and August.
The average precipitation is 62.7 inches (1,590 mm) annually; the summer months are the wettest, while October is the driest month. Precipitation in winter usually accompanies the passing of a cold front. On average, there are 77 days of 90 °F (32 °C)+ highs, 8.1 days per winter where the high does not exceed 50 °F (10 °C), and 8.0 nights with freezing lows annually; in a typical year the coldest night will be around 30 °F (?1 °C). It is rare for the temperature to reach 100 °F (38 °C) or dip below 25 °F (?4 °C).
|Food and Beverage||Outlets host/greeter||2 Months|