Four Season hotel seeking talented demi cook to join team!
Bring your own knives and non-slip shoes.
A meal is provided at the Trail Stop Cafe per shift worked.
The candidate is not eligible for PTO.
One week of housing may be available based on occupancy. You must communicate your arrival to Tran before you book your flight.
The hotel does not provide airport pickup upon arrival. After arriving at the airport, the best mode of transportation to arrive at the hotel property would be a pre-arranged Uber, Lyft, or taxi.
The following airports are located about 45mins to 2 hours away from the property: San Francisco International Airport (2.5 hours), Oakland International Airport (2 hours and 10 mins), Sacramento International Airport (1 hour and 45 mins), Charles M. Schulz Sonoma County Airport (45 minutes)
• All employees have access to the Employee Shuttle Service to get between the hotel property and the employee parking lot.
• Candidates are welcome to use public transportation services or purchase their own mode of transportation.
• Candidates can walk to and from downtown Calistoga, other locations are recommended to have their own transportation.
Eligibility criteria for our Career USA programs:
- you are enrolled in a post-secondary ministerially recognized academic institution in the hospitality industry
- you have a hospitality degree and at least 1 year of recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside of the USA)
- you have 5 years recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside the USA)
- you have shown consistent career growth over the last years
- you have shown serious commitment to your most recent employers
Napa Valley is a stunning region located in Northern California. Though it is famous for its wine production, the region has so much more to offer. With countless trails to explore, Napa Valley is a beautiful place for nature lovers of all sorts. See the weather in Napa and interesting things to do here.
Housing: The average 1-bedroom apartment in Napa, California costs around $2,000/month. Home-sharing is recommended to help lower the cost of their monthly housing (roomies). Please note, that without established credit, your first and last month’s rent may be required as a deposit. HRC recommends you arrive with $5,000+ as startup capital and to help secure housing. You can check Spareroom, Hotpads, Forrent or Zillow
Transportation: Traveling around Napa Valley can be a challenge depending on where you are living. You may need a car during your time here. Remember to consider the cost of purchasing a vehicle and vehicle insurance. On average, a J-1 participant can expect to pay upwards of $400 on a used car payment per month and $150.00 per month for vehicle insurance. That being said, there is a modest bus system that goes around Napa called The VINE.
|Restaurant||Cook/demi chef||3 Months|
|Banquets||Cook/demi chef||4 Months|
|Restaurant||Supervisor / Chef de partie||4 Months|