Hotline chef wanted for this property near Tuscon!
Chef needed for this property near Catalina Mountains! Rotate through all areas of the kitchen, as a demi chef and become a Restaurant Chef De Partie!
Create Signature dishes with a great culinary team as you train at the fantastic Hotel! On your days off, relax as you admire stunning views of the Catalina Mountains. This casual spot serves modern American cuisine with Southwestern soul, and heart-healthy options that are anything but boring.
Salary: 13.50 per hour
A complimentary meal will be provided per shift. A full uniform to include Pants, Chef Jacket and Apron is provided. The candidate will need to bring their own non-slip shoes and your own knives. Depending on occupancy, The hotel will provide at least 14 days of complimentary accommodations upon arrival as long as you contact the Director of Human Resources before you book your flight. They will also pick you up at the Tuscon Airport
based off 32-40 hours
- you are enrolled in a post secondary ministerially recognized academic institution in the hospitality industry
- you have a hospitality degree and at least 1 year of recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside of the USA)
- you have 5 years recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside the USA)
- you have shown consistent career growth over the last years
- you have shown serious commitment to your most recent employers
Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum: https://www.desertmuseum.org/
Sabino Canyon: http://www.sabinocanyon.com/
The Arizona State Museum on the University of Arizona Campus is home to the world’s largest and most well-documented collection of Southwest Indian pottery.
Housing in Tucson, and nearby areas like the Catalina Foothills, is fairly inexpensive, but still HRC recommends that you begin searching prior to your arrival. Housing costs downtown Tucson range from 500-750 month for a for a one bedroom apartment, or shared would be $400 or less. There is no bus route that goes past the Hotel. While there is public transportation available, it is not advised to live over an hour away from your host employer.
Quail Ridge Apartments-https://www.quailridgeapts.com/
1) Pavilions at Pantano http://www.pavilionsatpantanoapts.com/
2) Hilands Apartments http://www.hilandsapartments.com/
3) Zona Rio Apartments http://www.zonario.com/
4) Tanque Verde Apartments http://www.tanqueverdeapts.com/
5) Sabino Canyons Apartments http://www.sabinocanyonapartmenthomes.com/
6) Cantera Apartments http://www.hslcantera.com/
7) Oasis in the Catalinas http://www.apartmentratings.com/az/tucson/oasis-in-the-catalinas_520577195985718/
Newspapers (check out the classifieds):
1) Arizona Star Daily http://speedway.tucson.com/classifieds/?type=full
2) Tucson Weekly http://www.tucsonweekly.com/
College and Universities (Off campus housing info)
1) The University of Arizona http://offcampus.arizona.edu/
Transportation: There is no bus route that goes past the Hotel. You will need to bike part of the way if using the bus.
1) Sun Tran http://www.suntran.com
2) City of Tucson Transportation http://www.tucsonaz.gov/transit
Climate: Tucson has hot summers and temperate winters.
Tucson averages 11.8 inches (299.7 mm) of precipitation per year.
Summer is characterized by daytime temperatures that exceed 100 °F (38 °C) and overnight temperatures between 66 and 85 °F (19 and 29 °C). Early summer is characterized by low humidity and clear skies; mid-summer and late summer are characterized by higher humidity, cloudy skies and frequent rain.
The weather in the fall is much like that during spring: dry, with cool nights and warm, hot days. Winters in Tucson are mild relative to other parts of the United States. Daytime highs in the winter range between 64 and 75 °F (18 and 24 °C), with overnight lows between 30 and 44 °F (?1 and 7 °C).
Early spring is characterized by gradually rising temperatures and several weeks of vivid wildflower blooms beginning in late February and into March.
|Pastry||Pastry demi chef||2 Months|
|Banquets||Cook/demi chef||3 Months|
|Restaurant||Cook/demi chef||3 Months|
|Restaurant||Supervisor / Chef de partie||3 Months|