Luxurious Hotel Seeking Enthusiastic Culinary Candidate!
Gain hands-on experience as you rotate through Banquets, Restaurant, and Pastry stations, honing your skills and immersing yourself in the world of culinary excellence.
Immerse yourself in the dynamic streets of New Orleans, where the sounds of jazz create an enchanting atmosphere amid a tapestry of vibrant culture. Delight in the exquisite flavors of Creole cuisine, cruise along the historic Mississippi River, and experience the lively ambiance of the French Quarter. Uncover the city's storied past at museums and historic landmarks, and be sure to embrace the energy of festivals and street performances, making New Orleans an unforgettable and uniquely charming destination.
You must bring your own set of knives to the USA.
• 7 nights of accommodation will be offered upon arrival depending on occupancy. Contacting the Human Resources Department is required before booking a flight so they can secure hotel accommodation. It is the responsibility of the J1 Trainee to find their own housing after the complimentary days of provided accommodation.
• Paid Time Off (PTO): You will start earning PTO on your first day of training and are eligible to use PTO after 90 days of training.
• The hotel provides 1 free meal per scheduled shift in the employee cafeteria.
• The hotel will provide a uniform at no charge for all trainees that have uniformed positions. The uniform is cleaned free of charge. Trainees will be fitted for uniforms on the first day and tailored if needed.
• The hotel is on a bi-weekly paid period schedule.
Excellent English Abilities and Prior High-End, Luxury Cooking Experience!
The area surrounding New Orleans has been a melting pot before the beginning and has the ability to reinvent itself while staying in place. New Orleans was an early haven for free people of color, and New Orleans' resilience, can-do attitude, and populist self-reliance have been pillars of its city life hundreds of years before the Industrial Revolution. It has a long tenure as one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world, and it's given us more uniquely American inventions than anywhere. In these ways, it is perhaps the city living the American dream harder and more passionately than any other.
You can find a 1 bedroom unfurnished apartment in the city and surrounding areas for around $1100+ per month. The closer to the city center, the more expensive the apartment will be. With no established credit, you can expect to pay the first and last month’s rent as a deposit for an apartment. HRC recommends you bring at least $3,000 as startup capital upon arrival. Please check these options: apartments.com, zillow.com, themuseapartment.com, gravier, saulet or thegoerianapartment.com
Temporary Housing Accommodations in New Orleans: Pricing is subject to availability and may change at any time. For an accurate cost and details of accommodations, contact the Hostel directly for additional information. Please check hostelworld.com
Street Car: $1.25 per ride, $0.25 per transfer, $3.00 for one day Jazzy pass, or $45.00 31-Day Jazzy pass
Ferry (across the Mississippi River): $2
Ride-Sharing: Uber or Lyft
You can check Transportation in New Orleans for more details or RTA
|Banquets||Cook/demi chef||3 Months|
|Restaurant||Cook/demi chef||4 Months|
|Pastry||Pastry demi chef||4 Months|