Rooms Division program in New Orleans!
Become a Front Desk Supervisor at this Distinguished Hotel! Rotate through Guest Relations Agent, Front Desk Supervisor, and Guest Services VIP coordinator positions! Enjoy the Jazz festival, Mardi Gras and so much more!
Amazing career opportunity at this luxury hotel! This Historical hotel sets its self apart from the other hotels in the city. Train at this historic 5 star hotel in downtown New Orleans, as you rotate through all Rooms. Only the most dedicated hospitality candidates wanted! You won't be disappointed with this opportunity, so apply today!
OnQ Training will take about 4 weeks.
• 7 days of accommodation will be offered upon arrival depending on occupancy. Contacting the Human Resources Department is required before booking a flight so they can secure hotel accommodation. It is the responsibility of the J1 Trainee to find their own housing after providing accommodation.
• Paid Time Off (PTO): You will start earning PTO on your first day of training and are eligible to use PTO after 90 days of training.
• The hotel provides 1 free meal per scheduled shift in the employee cafeteria.
• The hotel will provide a uniform at no charge for all trainees that have uniformed positions. The uniform is cleaned free of charge. Trainees will be fitted for uniforms on the first day and tailored if needed.
• The hotel is on a bi-weekly paid period schedule.
Front Desk Agent $15
VIP Coord $15.50
Front Desk Supervisor $17.00
$15.00 - $17.00 per hour
The area surrounding New Orleans has been a melting pot before the beginning and has the ability to reinvent itself while staying in place. New Orleans was an early haven for free people of color, and New Orleans' resilience, can-do attitude, and populist self-reliance have been pillars of its city life hundreds of years before the Industrial Revolution. You can visit French Quarter, National WW2 Museum or other attractions in New Orleans. See New Orleans weather.
Housing: You can find a 1-bedroom unfurnished apartment in the city for around $1100+ per month. The closer to the city center, the more expensive they will be. With no established credit, you can expect to pay the first and last month’s rent as a deposit for an apartment. HRC recommends you bring $3,000+ as startup capital upon arrival. Please check these options: apartments.com, zillow.com, themuseapartment.com, Gravier, saulet, or thegoerianapartment.com. Temporary Housing Accommodations in New Orleans: hostelworld.com
Transportation: You can check Transportation in New Orleans for more details or RTA. Street Car: $1.25 per ride, $0.25 per transfer, $3.00 for one day Jazzy pass, or $45.00 31-Day Jazzy pass. Ferry (across the Mississippi River): $2. Ride-Sharing: Uber or Lyft
|Front Desk||Guest Service Agent||5 Months|
|Guest Services||VIP coordinator||3 Months|
|Front Desk||Supervisor||3 Months|