Seeking skilled culinary cook for 5 star New Orleans hotel!
5* Luxury International Hotel is seeking an outgoing, passionate culinary professional with a great personality. Rotate throughout the kitchens while training under a great Chef and team! Historical and iconic hotel sets its self apart from the other hotels in the city. You won't be disappointed while training here. Don't miss out on this amazing career opportunity and apply now!
You must bring your own set of knives to the USA.
• 7 nights of accommodation will be offered upon arrival depending on occupancy. Contacting the Human Resources Department is required before booking a flight so they can secure hotel accommodation. It is the responsibility of the J1 Trainee to find their own housing after the complimentary days of provided accommodation.
• Paid Time Off (PTO): You will start earning PTO on your first day of training and are eligible to use PTO after 90 days of training.
• The hotel provides 1 free meal per scheduled shift in the employee cafeteria.
• The hotel will provide a uniform at no charge for all trainees that have uniformed positions. The uniform is cleaned free of charge. Trainees will be fitted for uniforms on the first day and tailored if needed.
• The hotel is on a bi-weekly paid period schedule.
The gross (pre-tax) salary will be 13.50 per hour based on 40/hr per week based on an average full time schedule.
Excellent English Abilities and Prior High-End, Luxury Cooking Experience!
The city of New Orleans has a reliable bus and street car system to get around the city. It is not necessary to purchase a car unless you decide to. http://www.norta.com/index.html
You can find a 1 bedroom unfurnished apartment in the city for about $1100 per month. We recommend that you secure housing with a roommate to cut down your monthly costs. You can also look for a room to share from someone else who lives locally at; https://www.roommates.com/la/new-orleans or https://www.roomies.com/new-orleans-la.
Check out these options:
Temporary Housing Accommodations in New Orleans
Please note: Pricing is subject to availability and may change at any time. For an accurate cost and details of accommodations, contact the Hostel directly for additional information.
The hotel will not provide airport pick up.
The hotel is part of Hilton Hotels Corporation, which is recognized internationally as a preeminent hospitality company. The company develops, owns, manages or franchises approximately 2,000+ hotels, resorts and vacation ownership properties. Its portfolio includes many of the world's best known and most highly regarded hotel brands, including Hilton, Conrad, Doubletree, Embassy Suites Hotels, Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Grand Vacations Company, and Homewood Suites by Hilton. Hilton has several world-renowned marquee properties; some of which are: Beverly Hilton, Cavalieri Hilton in Rome, Hilton Athens, Hilton San Francisco, Hilton New York, Hilton Hawaiian Village, Hilton Waikoloa Village, and Paris Hilton.
Climate: The climate of New Orleans is humid subtropical with short, generally mild winters and hot, humid summers. The monthly daily average temperature ranges from 53.4 °F (11.9 °C) in January to 83.3 °F (28.5 °C) in July and August.
The average precipitation is 62.7 inches (1,590 mm) annually; the summer months are the wettest, while October is the driest month. Precipitation in winter usually accompanies the passing of a cold front. On average, there are 77 days of 90 °F (32 °C)+ highs, 8.1 days per winter where the high does not exceed 50 °F (10 °C), and 8.0 nights with freezing lows annually; in a typical year the coldest night will be around 30 °F (?1 °C). It is rare for the temperature to reach 100 °F (38 °C) or dip below 25 °F (?4 °C).
|Banquets||Cook/demi chef||3 Months|
|Restaurant||Cook/demi chef||4 Months|
|Pastry||Pastry demi chef||4 Months|