We are immediately looking for a sommelier to join our young team for our restaurant and boutique hotel in Voorburg.
Duties & Responsibilities
In your role you are obviously responsible for everything that has to do with wine within Central Park. You manage the wine list, advise our guests in their choice of wine and know how to make the perfect pairing with the dishes we serve. In your role as Head Sommelier, you are the restaurant's calling card, both to the guest and our wine suppliers. You are always willing to give that little bit extra so that the guest looks back on the visit with a satisfied feeling. You passionately convey your enthusiasm about wine to our guests, but also to your colleagues.
- You are responsible for the smooth running of the service and ensure a quality welcome and personalized service to our customers.
- You will propose well-balanced food and wine pairings, and provide relevant advice to our customers.
- You will have a thorough knowledge of the wine list in order to meet the expectations of our customers.
- Participate in the management of the cellar and the elaboration of the drinks list under the responsibility of the head sommelier
- Apply the procedures and service standards of the establishment.
- Ideally from hotel training you have a significant experience of at least 4 to 6 years in a position and similar establishment.
- You have an excellent presentation and a good relationship. You are motivated, have a keen sense of organization and teamwork.
- Fluency in English is recommended.
- 5 day working week
- Suitable Salary
- 25 days of holidays per year
- 8% Holiday pay (monthly)
- Monthly tips
- Being part of a great team
- 1500 wines listed Awarded by Wine Spectator, Best Award of Excellence
- Weekly tastings