Director of Rooms
Functions as the strategic business leader of the property's Rooms department. Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating the quality of property’s rooms. Position works with direct reports to develop and implement departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures Rooms operations meet the brand’s standards, targets customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department. Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a return on investment to the owner and company.
· Experience in a Luxury, Large and Busy Hotel Operation is a must (well-known international brands only)
· Already in a Director of Rooms role for minimum of 2 years (not first timer)
· Middle East Experience is a plus (but not a must)
· Experience with Hotel Apartments is a plus (but not a must)
· Marriott background in the past preferred
· Capable of leading a team of 50 / Managing a large multinational team in a must
· Very innovative, active on social media, great team leader
· Candidate is young, energetic, preferably in 30s
Salary Range: will be shared during first interview with the HR Director.
Benefits: EXcom level. entitled to family status, three -Bedroom Apartment, QAR 1300 Transportation Allowance, 30 vacation days, private medical insurance, Yearly flight ticket
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Rooms Team
• Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward toward achievement of goals.
• Monitors and promotes room rates, specials, and promotions at the residence.
• Analyzes service issues and identifies trends.
• Works with Rooms team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Reviews and audits expenses.
Managing Revenue Goals
• Monitors Rooms operations sales performance against budget.
• Reviews reports and financial statements to determine Rooms operations performance against budget.
• Coaches and supports operations...